Current Volunteer Opportunities - Interns Wanted
Media Relations & Marketing Committee Coordinator
Consider working with The Salvation Army - one of the Top most respected charitable organizations in the world. Our The Salvation Army intern mentor has a track record of successful placement of interns in paid positions within the business community.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is desired.
- The position may require data entry and the use of Excel spreadsheets.
- The position may require knowledge of Word including the mail merge function.
- Ability to manage a project with minimal supervision.
- The intern will work with experienced program and development staff.
- The intern experience will be customized to meet needs of the intern to ensure a valuable experience, including specialized training.
- We anticipate a min. 16 - 20 hour per week opportunity but can accommodate the needs for intern's program requirements.
- While the internship is offered as unpaid - approved expenses will be reimbursed.
- Potential for a long term relationship; the successful intern will be considered should staff opportunities become available.
- The qualified intern will participate in the creation of the Salvation Army's Community PR & Media Program, participating with Salvation Army development and program staff in the creation of program press materials.
- Assist in the distribution of program press materials for all of our 125th Anniversary Activities - beginning with our June 5th Donut Day Celebration.
- The position will require telephone interaction with Wilmington Media leaders (Primarily to follow-up on mailings and to set appointments for visits.)
- Work to coordinate the efforts of our Volunteer Marketing Committee to execute the elements of our 2015 -2016 Strategic Marketing plan.