Would you like to help us ring the bell at a kettle location?
To sign up for bell ringing, visit www.timetosignup.com/salvationarmyhbg/.
Would you like to provide a gift for a local child in need?
We are in need of donations of toys and gifts from the list below (any new toy or clothing item can be donated)! These gifts will go to one of the children in our programs whose gift tag was not fulfilled or for time-sensitive needs just prior to the holiday. Out of the 4,000+ children served each year, we always have a few hundred to provide gifts and clothing for in this way!! See the wish list and drop off information below.
Please: new items only, unwrapped, include batteries if needed.
- Sports and fashion teen hoodies –adult sizes Small through XL
- Mp3 players, headphones and other electronic “gadgets”
- Charm bracelets
- Lego and other types of building sets (girls and boys, various ages)
- Footballs; Basketballs; Soccer Balls; Nerf-type game sets
- “Bath and Body” type gift sets for girls (ages 12-16)
- Art and Craft sets (jewelry and bead making kits, art sets, etc. – for girls and teens)
- Manicure or hair care sets (girls, pre-teen and teen)
- Books (for all ages 0-16)
- Action figures/play sets (ex. – Transformers, Star Wars, etc. for boys, ages 6-10)
- Fun, colorful socks and slippers
- Dolls and Barbie dolls with accessories
- Board and card games (ex.- Chutes & Ladders, Uno Attack, Apples to Apples Jr., etc.)
- Throw blankets
- New children’s and teen’s clothing
- Hat, glove, scarf sets
These items can be delivered directly to our distribution site: Harrisburg Military Post, Armory building, 1400 Calder St, Harrisburg, PA 17103 (gate entrance). From Herr Street, turn onto 14th Street and drive straight into Military facility gate. Armory is last building on the right at end of driveway. Dates & Times for delivery: 8:30am - 3:30pm on December 11, 12 & 14 only. Visitors to Military facility MUST bring valid photo ID!
Questions regarding Gift Donations can be directed to Melissa Snyder, firstname.lastname@example.org