Would you like to help us ring the bell at a kettle location?
To sign up for bell ringing, visit www.timetosignup.com/salvationarmyhbg/.
Would you like to provide a gift for a local child in need?
We are in need of donations of toys and gifts from the list below (any new toy or clothing item can be donated)! These gifts will go to one of the children in our programs whose gift tag was not fulfilled or for time-sensitive needs just prior to the holiday. Out of the 4,000+ children served each year, we always have a few hundred to provide gifts and clothing for in this way!! See the wish list and drop off information below.
Please: new items only, unwrapped, include batteries if needed.
- Sports and fashion teen hoodies –adult sizes Small through XXL
- Mp3 players w/earbuds, headphones and other electronic “gadgets”
- Charm bracelets, Watches, Activity Trackers (like FitBits)
- Lego and other types of building sets (girls and boys, especially for older boys)
- Footballs; Basketballs; Soccer Balls; Nerf-type game sets
- “Bath and Body” type gift sets for girls (ages 12-16); AXE type sets for boys (ages 12-16)
- Art and Craft sets (jewelry and bead making kits, art sets, adult coloring books w/colored pencils, sketch pads etc. – for girls and teens)
- Science & Discovery sets for older kids
- Manicure, nail polish sets, or hair care sets (girls, pre-teen and teen)
- Books (for all ages 0-16)
- Action figures/play sets (ex. – Transformers, Avengers, Star Wars, etc. for boys, ages 6-10)
- Fun, colorful socks and slippers
- Dolls and Barbie dolls with accessories
- Board and card games (ex.- Chutes & Ladders, Uno Attack, Apples to Apples Jr., etc.)
- Fleece throw blankets and fun throw pillows – girls and guys
- New children’s and teen’s clothing
- Hat, glove, scarf sets; ball caps
- Cool flashlights or sunglasses
- Purses, crossbody bags – girls, Drawstring bags - boys
These items can be delivered directly to our NEW FACILITY: The Salvation Army 506 S.29th St, Hbg PA 17104. Dates & Times for delivery: 8:30am - 3:30pm on December 10, 11, 13 & 16 only.
Questions regarding Gift Donations can be directed to Melissa Snyder, email@example.com
Thank you again for your willingness to help The Salvation Army Harrisburg and the children we serve!