Programs that Help
The Salvation Army's work encompass a wide range of programs to help individuals and families overcome daunting obstacles. Motivated by the love of God, as a leader in Christian faith-based human services, The Salvation Army is committed to serve the whole person, body and soul, with integrity and respect, using creative solutions to positively transform lives.
We strive to empower people and to enable those in need to change their circumstances and overcome the challenges that stand in their way. Our programs include social services, housing, education, bible study, referral services and much more.
Permanent Supportive Housing Program
- 32 Units of Scattered Site Housing
- Families and individuals with a co-occurring disability (documented)
- Weekly home visits
- Service Plan
- Life skills classes
- Employment, job training, or education
- Secure income
- Income savings program
- Move to permanent independent housing
- Rapid Re-Housing (CoC)
- 4 Units of Scattered Site Housing
- Homelessness must be verified
- No Disability Required
- Rent paid, but not utilities
- Case Management Services
- Life Skills Classes
- Maximum of 12 Months
The Learning Center
- Play & Learn Centers
- Parenting/caretaker education with children ages birth through 5 yrs old.
- Components include reading, music, structured free play, crafts, snacks, and parent education programs.
- All children are assessed for healthy growth and development throughout participation in program.
- Goal is to assure that all children are developmentally on track to be ready for kindergarten
- Grades 1 – 5, after school program focusing on homework help, Emergent Arts Program
- Reading and Comprehension support utilizing multiple tools:
- Reading Eggs
- Mission Literacy
- Character Building education through mentoring, Bible lessons & devotions
- Physical education and health enhancement through education and daily gym time
- FEES: $10 per school marking period for 1st child; additional children $5 per marking period.
- Grades 6-7 after school program to help foster moral choices and character building. Teaching children to be invested in themselves and their community for a better future for all
- The Salvation Army’s Pathway of Hope initiative is an innovative and long-term approach to providing targeted services to families with a desire to take action to break the cycle of crisis and enable a path out of intergenerational poverty.
- Learn About Pathway of Hope- CLICK HERE
WORSHIP SERVICES- Every Sunday (all are welcome)
Sunday School (All Ages- English & Spanish): 11:00 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Worship Service (English): 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.*
Worship Service (Spanish): 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.
*Preceded by a Prayer Meeting at 9:15 am
For a List of Weekly Services, CLICK HERE