Rules and FAQs
Saturday, October 14th | 11:00am
Urban Axes | 12019 Boston Street, Philadelphia, PA 19125
You’re throwing axes. Here are the rules and answers to your questions:
- Each participant must fundraise a minimum of $100 in order to compete in the tournament. We’re fundraising for a good cause! CLICK HERE to learn more about The Salvation Army's New Day to Stop Trafficking program.
- Participants will receive:
- Custom fundraising webpage
- A unique key word to "text to donate" to said custom fundraising webpage (So tech-savvy!)
- 30 minutes of axe throwing safety and training
- 2 hours of round robin style axe throwing
- Official event day t-shirt (Yay! T-Shirts!)
- Chances to win prizes
- Feeling good for raising funds for the community
- High fives. All. Day. Long.
- Payment Types Accepted:
Cash, check or credit card
- Each participant must be registered by September 25, 2017 to guarantee their free t-shirt.
- Participants must be at least 21 years of age
- While Urban Axes is a BYOB facility, there will be no alcohol consumed at this event
- All participants must sign liability waivers provided by Urban Axes and The Salvation Army in order to throw
- Participants will complete the 30 minute training with the Axeperts prior to competing
- The Urban Axes trained coaches will be with participants the entire duration of the event, supervising every tournament and overseeing every session beginning with safety rules and 1-on-1 throwing lessons.
- Safety is our number one priority. The format used and the construction of the throwing lanes are all focused around the safety of the participants. Each competitor throws in his/her own individual lane and competes side by side with another competitor. For each pair of throwing competitors we have an event coordinator/throwing coach who is responsible for keeping score as well as ensuring safety protocols are adhered to and all tournaments are fully supervised. Only the two active competitors throwing at that time are allowed within the throwing area, all other competitors are required to wait in the safety zone behind the lanes.
Tournament. This is a round robin style tournament. If you sign up as a team, you will compete against each individual in addition to other throwers. Basically, if you’d like to throw with your buds, sign up on a team (maximum of 10) together.